Monday, April 13, 2009

Work/trip/Easter

Friday was my first day to leave my full time mommy job to do my part time interpreting job. I was really dreading it.

First though Maggie and I spent the morning with Jael and Emalea. They had the day off since it was Good Friday. Angie was off on her honeymoon and Sandy was working that morning and took over in the afternoon. The girls are so cute with Maggie. They love her so much. At one point Emalea waved at Maggie and she waved back. Emalea and I were so shocked we looked at eachother and Emalea tried again. Once again Maggie waved back. Jael gave it a try and Maggie waved again! I am such a proud mommy!

Later we were talking about me going to work that night and Emalea asked me who was going to take care of Maggie while I was working. I told her that Mike was going to. She made a face like "really? Uncle Mike??? Are you serious????" then said "I think we can keep her." So cute. I assured her that Maggie would be fine with her daddy.

Going to work that night wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I only cried a little while I was leaving. Once I got to work I was busy most of the time and Mike sent me some great pictures of her to assure me she was fine.

The first one said "Hi Mommy"

The second one speaks for it's self.
What a good husband he is to make me feel better while I'm at work. :)
That night however didn't go so well. As soon as I got home she woke up and needed me the rest of the night. She was VERY hungry(I fed her before I left and Mike gave her 5 oz in the 5 hours I was gone and I fed her again when I came home and every few hours after that). She was also congested and had gas. So it was hard to get her comforted. I got a total of 3 hours of sleep that night.

Saturday we went on Maggie's first out of town trip. We took one of our puppies to Melissa and Heath.




We were supposed to watch the Joe and Aron's soccer games that day, but when Mike got up that morning he took over taking care of maggie and let me sleep about 3 hours before we left. So we missed the games. We hope to get back to see them play soon. We went to Melissa's parents house for Easter lunch with her family. Then the kids had an egg hunt. It was so much fun. Melissa and Iraland picked out a Ming Ming doll for Maggie




On our way home we went through a huge dust storm! It was crazy!! The pic doesn't really do the storm justice, but I was just praying that not much of the dirt would get in the car and make Maggie's allergies worse.






The next day was Maggie's first Easter!!! Here she is is her little dress



and with her basketHere are some of her cousins holding her

Jael





Emalea



Jael and Emalea's new brother Jackson (who is adorable by the way)



and some other pictures that I just think are too cute I had to add them...

When I get pics of Maggie with her Brown cousins I'll add them too.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, she is precious! She looks so adorable in her Easter dress. Is that CANDY in her Easter basket? If it is I'm sure she needed help with that!

Sarah Brown said...

Thank you! We looked for weeks for that dress. Finally my sister Sandy found that one. Every Easter basket should have candy right. Daddy and I decided to help her out. :)