Friday, April 3, 2009

time flies


So time really flies when you have a new baby in the house. I've been trying to keep everyone updated on Maggie and do facebook. I just haven't done my blog in a while. So here are some pictures and info.

I had a Doctor's appointment Feb. 18th and had been sick the few days before that. When I went in my blood pressure was high and had signs of preeclampsia so the Dr. sent me to the hospital right away. I was calm and ok with this. When I called Mike he freaked out. At the hospital the next morning they broke my water and started pitocin to induce my labor. I labored all day, that night they decided I just wasn't progressing like I should so they needed to take her. So I had a C-section. I had watched so many labor and delivery stories that again I was really calm and not worried and I had a blessing to help me through. Magdalena Mae was born Feb. 19, 2009 at 6:28pm. She was 7lbs 8oz and 20 inches long. We think she will probably keep her blue eyes. Her hair we aren't too sure on. Some times it looks light brown other times it looks strawberry red. Who knows, it could still all fall out and come in a totally different color. Mike and I were both very blond when we were little.

When they were cleaning Maggie and doing the measurements she was crying, of course, so I decided to talk to her. Right away she calmed down and listened to me. I hope that continues for the rest of her life :) She is a really good baby.

Recovery went really well. I felt so good that I went home a day early. I think part of it has to do with how bad I felt while I was pregnant the other part has to go to that blessing I got.


This was when we were getting ready to go home.

At home all bundled up.

At home hanging out with Dad.




This was her St. Patrick's day dress. We didn't know it, but she was matching her friend Iraland.

Jael or Emalea took this picture. I thought it was cute and showed how little she still is.
We had puppies born the week after Maggie was born. This shows how big they are already. I'm glad she doesn't grow as fast as they do. If you know anyone who wants full blood American Bulldogs we have some for sale and they will be ready April 11th.

It's a purple day. We even had a purple blanket when we went out on the town.
Of course mommy has to take a picture of her wearing an "I love mommy" onesie.

Her cousin Kaden is 6 months older than her and had the same onesie. So cute!

Later that day Daddy got tired after changing her diaper and she watched as he snored.
Her blessing was Sunday March 29th.

Melissa and Heath O'Brien and family came from Midland.

Raylene, Jim and Jackson Nuffer came too.


The Brown family.

The Griffin family

Andrea got the dress for Eleanor's blessing, but let us use it first.

Angie and the girls with Maggie.

Sandy with Maggie.

Paula with Maggie.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Maggie Mae and I share the same birthday!!! Feb 19th is a totally cool birthday. Congratulations, Sarah, she is perfect!

Sarah Brown said...

How fun! It'll be easy now to remember your birthday.
She is amazing! We have been blessed. :)