Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shadows

This morning Maggie woke up at 6:00 and Mike made a bottle for her then I sat in the living room feeding her. The only light on in the house was the one over our sink. When Maggie was done with her bottle she sat up and looked around and could see her shadow on the wall. She looked a little concerned. The "Maggie"(pointing at her) "Maggie"(pointing at an image of her) is a familiar game we play when she is looking in the mirror or pictures of herself. She loves it! So I figured it would work in this situation too. So I put my hand infront of her face where she could see my hand and the shadow it made. I told her "look it's mommy's shadow" then I pointed at her and said "Maggie" and then pointed at her shadow and said "Maggie's shadow" and continued doing so. She got excited and then needed to touch her shadow so she leaned in and rubbed the wall. I was so proud that my little girl discovered her shadow. I LOVE being a mom!!!

1 comment:

Amy J said...

It's so fun watching them discover the world, isn't it?